Drive With Us
- All drivers are Independent Lessees.
- You set your own hours and schedules!
- We own the car, repair the car, maintain the car. You lease the car.
- Unlike other services, you keep the entire fare and tip on regular pickups – no percentage taken out!
- Each city requires a DMV record check and a criminal background check.
- All drivers attend the National Safety Council’s Defensive Driving Course.
- “Ride around with an Experienced Driver” is part of the Orientation Program.
- Military personnel, veterans, and military spouses are encouraged to drive with Black & White Cabs of Norfolk. The Military community is important to us and we are always looking for quality drivers.
Insurance and Most Significant Local Ordinance Requirements for Drivers:
- Drivers must be at least 23 years old.
- Drivers who are over 65 must have physician’s statement indicating they are fit to drive.
- Driving Record: At least 5 years of DMV driving history. We can help obtain most out of state DMV records if needed. Also, complete driving history will be considered by insurance company.
- Driving History: The following criteria must be met.
a.) Zero or better points on DMV Record.
b.) No more than three minor violations within the past 36 months.
c.) No more than one major violation and two minor violations within the past 36 months.
d.) No more than two Chargeable accidents in the past 36 months.
e.) No drug related violations.
- Criminal Background Check: Will be conducted by the police department.
Ready To Apply?
If you meet all of the requirements and are looking for an exciting new career in transportation, click the button below to apply today!